FBot moderators Readme!

Important Updates and Information! Please see all new topics in here before you do anything.
Falanor

FBot moderators Readme!

Postby Falanor » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Greetings everyone!
As owner and administrator of our Werewolf hosting bot (FBot), I’d like to announce that we are opening recruitment of moderators for our games. The main reason behind this is our will to make Werewolf Transylvania map more popular and games on our bot more frequent.
EDIT: recruitment is closed by now.

What duties and opportunities do moderators have?

-changing hosting game name while in lobby (/pub command) EDIT: Now this is done automatically, there is no need to use it, but it's still possible
Changing of the game name usually helps with finding more people since it is refreshing game in in the list and it appears at the top (battle.net sees it as a ‘new game’ while usual refresh only sends information about filling).
To change the name use !pub gamename
For example:
!pub Werewolf Transylvania!
!pub Werewolf
!pub Werewolf! Join fast!
!pub Werewolf Trans 5/7

Keep in mind that the game name should be informative for others. Don’t use names that may confuse people.
Do it once in 1-2 minutes. You can’t use same name (it appears as a new game in the list, so if it exists already it will give you an error), you can add just one symbol like “!” in the end to make it different if you are lazy of making new name.
Be aware that if you use offensive game name, you will lose your moderator status.

-starting games on their will (!start command)
You can start games without waiting for filling with any number of players. To use it just type !start
Even when you have this opportunity, use it with respect to others. Check if someone is AFK before starting. Maybe some player is waiting for a friend. Its better if you use !votestart command instead.

-aborting countdown (!a or !abort command)
When the bot started countdown you can stop it by typing !a

-using !kick (read below!)
I will be checking every single usage of this command, be very careful. If I decide that it was not fair, you will lose your moderator status or will be banned even. Use it ONLY after !votekick failed for some reason (people are afk or not paying attention).
Since our game is based on suspecting others in being werewolf, TK (team kill) is NOT a reason for a kick even if the one who was killed is you.

Reason for a kick:
player is the werewolf and he is AFK (away from keybord). Make sure that you KNOW it, not just suspect it. If you use !kick and the player wasn’t AFK, you will be punished, while if you use !votekick and it passes even on an active player, I will accept it as a fair voting.

If you see that a person fits under this condition and !votekick failed for some reason, then use command like this:
!kick playername reason
For example, kicking a player with name “Tork654glo” for staying AFK as a wolf will look like this:
!kick tork wolf is afk for 2nd night
Notice that you don’t have to type full name. The reason is critical though, command won’t work unless you include it, meaning:
!kick tork
will not work.

You are a good moderator if you never use this command.

-being polite to others
You have to be polite even when someone is driving you crazy. Keep calm. Don’t spoil our reputation.

If you want to become a moderator, leave a message here or send it to me in private. Don’t forget to mention your game nickname and server on which you are playing.[/spoiler]
Here is a list of our administrators and moderators (will be updated):

Administrators:
Falanor (useast.battle.net)
Jesse_James (useast.battle.net)
Pwnage. (useast.battle.net)
Moderators:
Metrax (useast.battle.net)
RottStyle (server.eurobattle.net)
BayVic (europe.battle.net)
Linoin (europe.battle.net)
HeroicSlayer (europe.battle.net)
Pippin (europe.battle.net)
Box_C_Engy (useast.battle.net)
Coronatorum (europe.battle.net)
pro_mixon (europe.battle.net)
polo5315 (uswest.battle.net)
h0nf (europe.battle.net)
kanzer (server.eurobattle.net)
Daveyboyz (uswest.battle.net)
NaturalCauzes (europe.battle.net)
kanzer

Re: Recruiting FBot moderators!

Postby kanzer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Name: Kanzer
Time played: 20 Hs

I would like to be a moderator of the robot, be aware of the toxic users that do not satisfy any rule
(Harassment, killing the first day, etc), it is something simple what I say, but is focused on that,
I love WT and I plan to play much more.
:shock:

WT I know long ago, stop playing by theme when younger studies, but now returned to captivate me and get me as much laughter and more haha
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:01 pm

kanzer wrote:Name: Kanzer

You have been promoted.
Thank you for joining our team. Please, mind that we will probably change bot rules soon, so be ready to read them as soon as they appear.
kanzer

Postby kanzer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:22 am

Falanor wrote:
kanzer wrote:Name: Kanzer

You have been promoted.
Thank you for joining our team. Please, mind that we will probably change bot rules soon, so be ready to read them as soon as they appear.

10-04 I ready, I'll be tuned for updates
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

Daveyboyz

Postby Daveyboyz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Daveyboyz
Server (US)

Would definitely want to be a bot moderator, i love playing and many want to be able to change the name more to get more full house games. Hopefully i can be of some use!
Don't be a unpleasant troll, pleasant trolls welcome! :mrgreen:
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:00 am

Daveyboyz wrote:Daveyboyz
Server (US)
Would definitely want to be a bot moderator, i love playing and many want to be able to change the name more to get more full house games. Hopefully i can be of some use!

You have been promoted! Thanks for helping.

By the way, kill on first night is no longer a reason for a kick, be aware! The only reason is afk while being werewolf.
kanzer

Postby kanzer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 pm

The minimum should be 20 hours would be better :shock:

It is my opinion
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:34 pm

I'll put recruiting on hold. We have enough for now. Yet example with Reddawn1 who was promoted and ended up using maphack shows that I should pay more attention to people that are willing to "help" in such a way.
NaturalCauzes

Postby NaturalCauzes » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:35 am

I don't Know if you are still recruiting or not. But i would like to help if you're still Looking.

I am currently an admin for the VFG bot which 24/7 hosts Vampirism Fire. I have never abused my powers and only had one complaint against me cause i kicked a guy who was continuously flaming and swearing at other players ruining the game, needless to say the complaint wasn't accepted.

I think i may not have enough hours but thats cause i only recently started playing alot of WWT and used to play it occasionally.

Name: NaturalCauzes
Realm: Europe.Battle.Net
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:58 am

Hey, NaturalCauzes!
I opened recruiting mainly for using !pub command, so the game appears more often in the Blizzard list. Right now it's all done automatically.
So, it’s kind of "status" thing now. However, maybe you can invite more people from other communities who may like playing WWT, so I promoted you.

Now recruiting is closed.