"VoF Pro" Theme (Prophetic Vision Edited)

Important Updates and Information! Please see all new topics in here before you do anything.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:58 am

Gloomfrost wrote:
Slayer4000X2008 wrote:Is it possible to have the Prophetic Vision re-added for those that liked it better (have a third theme not just two)?
Miz, if we actually have someone on this forum that enjoyed that theme, please allow him to continue using Prophetic Vision if he must.

--hate content removed -Gloom
Speaking of Disapproved, that word is actually a member name on these forums of a girl from CANADA YAY! Anyway, she's sort of a forum designer herself, and she's making us a new home which will hopefully be based off the theme at http://shareshiz.com, and nothing can beat that theme.

~Gloom
First and foremost, back off.
You should know better then to attack a fellow staff member in a public forum, any quarrels you have with your fellow staff should be resolved in a private setting.

We do not disagree with each other in public - ever. Why? This diminishes respect for whatever staff member is involved, as well as the staff on the whole. The reason we have a staff forum is so that we can share contrasting opinions on whatever issue might have arisen in the others forums, free from sight of other members. This allows us to operate effectively, while appearing to ordinary members as a unified team.

Let's all try to maintain some resemblance of one unified functioning team, at least in public, if nowhere else.

Second, Miz made no actions without my consent, He was acting under my orders and thus any resulting conflicts are my doing and my responsibility. I told miz it was alright to delete the zeta forums, they are ugly and unprofessional and really have no business here, on the other hand i asked him to leave transience because you seem quite fond of that theme (although i do not approve of it being the forum default, its far too user-unfriendly).

I asked him to edit Prophetic Vision to blue because i was under the impression that the primary complaint about it was that it was bright purple. I approved of all the changes, the icons, and the banner. I think it is good to have a default forum that was designed (or at least altered) to reflect that we are indeed a professional and dedicated Production Team.

Third, I find that "ShareShiz" theme to be quite ugly :huh:
Last edited by Jesse James on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romek

Postby Romek » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 pm

The thread titles when browsing posts seem to be aligned incorrectly.

Also, I'd like to say that I like the theme. I much prefer this to the old one, as well as the alternate blue theme.
All that's left is to make this standard, and remove the other ones.

It's nice to have a theme that's representative of the forum as a whole, and fits what the forum is about. For this reason, I'm against having 23 billion themes to satisfy everyone.
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Theme has now been completed. If you experience any problems or errors please tell me.
Wasted, Romek and I will try to get a customize banner/logo for the top of the forums soon.

The thread titles when browsing posts seem to be aligned incorrectly.

Fixed that, that is actually a mistake in the old theme, no idea why it is done like that, but I fixed that.
Gloomfrost

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Jesse,

I agree with you and that is why I posted it in a Spoiler in the first place. HOWEVER, It was not a flame by any means, it was a 'omg why did you do that', which other members may have an opinion on.

In any case, I have removed the content as I do agree with you, and I thought about it when I posted it up in the first place.
So, apologies to Miz here.

IN ANY Case, I admire you claiming responsibility, but then that just makes me mad at sort of both you. Did you REALISE you can 'disable' themes, yet still keep them in Admin CP??
Do you REALISE that our board is not 'supported' under any 'theme', and in the past, I did have to get support Tickets from my other forums because of some incident or problem with coding. If they can't 'acess' Zeta Original theme, they will not help us (I know this sounds lame cause it would 'never happen', but you'd be surprised; on my other forum, everyone's PM system broke, what are you doing to do then? Get a new forum??)

I'm just saying that under NO circumstances you should DELETE something if you can 'archive' or 'trash' or 'disable' it in some form. Hence why we have the Recycling Bin for posts, Undo commands for deleting posts/topic, and AutoTools. If there was a Top 10 rules of forums, that would definitely be one of them. Miz made this same mistake for deleting instead of trashing her previous Redirect-URL topic. But he's excused because he didn't know that 'Deleting' and 'Trash' are different.

-----
On a positive note; I do like the theme, but I think that either Transcience or Tranquil Night should be renamed. It looks bad to have both themes start with T. I don't mind if you rename my theme, just please DO NOT delete it. There is no penalty for having 23 billion themes in the Admin CP if there are 2 that can be selected via Main Forum.

Also; Miz - Can you please try and make the font either whiter, or the background darker. Literally by ONE shade, if you look at when you create posts, it feels like the text colour and window backdrop are wayy too similar.

P.S: Something you SHOULD delete (I never liked them in the first place), are the purple Emoticons. Get the blue ones back/default them, or w/e. I'm pretty sure you have all the blue ones back which is good, but may as well get rid of the purple ones as you can't see their expressions anyway lol
P.P.S: Another thing I noticed -- Can you try and make poll folders look a little different, I say either try and make them teal, or if you're really pro, add like a 3 -bar graph icon on them. That goes for Closed Folders too... they look too similar.
P.P.P.S: And uhm.. hot folder looks exactly as 'New posts' folder?? This actually MUST be changed, I literally can not use this theme if all folders look like they have new posts, and the ones that do don't and the hot folders that don't, DO. Lol I'm going to explode if this stays. :P But yeah try and think about how it works. Use Transcience as an example. Ugh also, new posts in folder and no new posts looks VERY VERY close to each other, see if you can fade one of them out.

Btw I can help you if you need it, If you can't, then I can add the 3 poll-bars on the folder icon =D

~Gloom
Last edited by Gloomfrost on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Also; Miz - Can you please try and make the font either whiter, or the background darker. Literally by ONE shade, if you look at when you create posts, it feels like the text colour and window backdrop are wayy too similar.

I can try, but it might not be that noticable.

P.S: Something you SHOULD delete (I never liked them in the first place), are the purple Emoticons. Get the blue ones back/default them, or w/e. I'm pretty sure you have all the blue ones back which is good, but may as well get rid of the purple ones as you can't see their expressions anyway lol

I did hide them but I can delete them if you want.

P.P.S: Another thing I noticed -- Can you try and make poll folders look a little different, I say either try and make them teal, or if you're really pro, add like a 3 -bar graph icon on them. That goes for Closed Folders too... they look too similar.

I can try the three bar icon.

P.P.P.S: And uhm.. hot folder looks exactly as 'New posts' folder?? This actually MUST be changed, I literally can not use this theme if all folders look like they have new posts, and the ones that do don't and the hot folders that don't, DO. Lol I'm going to explode if this stays. :P But yeah try and think about how it works. Use Transcience as an example.

Normal Folders - The Dark Blue Image
Hot Folders - Insanely Blue Blue. Image

But I will fix that and make them extremely obvious.
Gloomfrost

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:52 pm

What I meant by the text thing, is that everything is a shade of grey, like the font needs to be slightly brighter in my opinion, otherwise just EVERYTHING on the forum blends together.

yes delete the smileys, if we don't have purple anymore, we don't need them.

The 3 bar thing i meant put the icon ON the picture of the folder.

Btw I'll show you what I mean by the folders (re-read my previous post, I added more P.P.P.S's lol) after I edit this.

Okay Look:
Hot Folder (NEW): Image
Hot Folder (No New): Image

Plain Folder(NEW): Image
Plain Folder(No New): Image

Poll Folder: Image

Locked Folder: Image

I know you're working on something, so feel free to update my links after.

Btw I kind of have a hunch that you must have deleted the previous board images LOL, if you want, I can reupload the original folder icons for you. Btw don't make poll folder grey (like I said I know it's prolly temp, but if it's not.. then no. Closed should be grey)

~Gloom

Attachments:
Last edited by Gloomfrost on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Gloomfrost wrote:What I meant by the text thing, is that everything is a shade of grey, like the font needs to be slightly brighter in my opinion, otherwise just EVERYTHING on the forum blends together.

yes delete the smileys, if we don't have purple anymore, we don't need them.

The 3 bar thing i meant put the icon ON the picture of the folder.

Btw I'll show you what I mean by the folders (re-read my previous post, I added more P.P.P.S's lol) after I edit this.

~Gloom
Yes I knew you mean the bars to be put on the folder. I should have that done soon.
New Hot Folders

Image Hot New Post
Image Hot no new post

PS - I forgot to tell you guys I added the Extra Forum Markers

Image Forum Locked
Image or Image Forum Read Only
Image Redirect
Last edited by Miz on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Just to make it less confusing, Now I understand what your saying, I will quickly update that.

Making layers transparent is very easy.
Do you want me to keep the hot folders Teal or Blue?
Last edited by Miz on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloomfrost

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Eeee a little TOO teal, How's this?:

WAIT WAIT the No New came out back LOl :P but like the NEW folder is good, if you want to edit it yourself to make the new folder for (no New) based of my new... I think it looks a bit better than the bright teal one.

P.S: I still see the purple smileys!! lol rawr.

~Gloom

Attachments:
Last edited by Gloomfrost on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Gloomfrost wrote:Eeee a little TOO teal, How's this?:

WAIT WAIT the No New came out back LOl :P but like the NEW folder is good, if you want to edit it yourself to make the new folder for (no New) based of my new... I think it looks a bit better than the bright teal one.
I will use those. However I will probably edit the no new myself to make sure they are all the same thing.

Anyway
Normal No New Posts Image
Locked Thread Image
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Gloomfrost wrote:Eeee a little TOO teal, How's this?:

P.S: I still see the purple smileys!! lol rawr.

~Gloom
Image - Hot Thread
Image - (Hot) No New Posts

Working on Poll Folder than I am going to do a mass switch, so be prepared for some messed up post images for like 3 seconds
Last edited by Miz on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloomfrost

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Okay sounds good,

Can you post up Normal (New posts) next to it?
And can you try seeing what happens if you make the lock a little bigger in that one??

~Gloom
Miz

Postby Miz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Gloomfrost wrote:Okay sounds good,

Can you post up Normal (New posts) next to it?
And can you try seeing what happens if you make the lock a little bigger in that one??

~Gloom
Image - Thread New Post
Image - thread no new post
Gloomfrost

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Yes I approve.

You should make a to-do list and scratch it off as you do them, here use mine I guess:
  • Remove Purple Smiley's
  • Edit Closed Thread with larger Lock
  • Edit Poll Thread
  • Edit Hot New and No New thread
  • Make text lighter/add accents of some sort, as the forum looks too bland.

Feel free to add more and edit this post.

I'll be back in a couple of hours,
GL,
~Gloom
Romek

Postby Romek » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm

In my opinion, the new post icons should have some paper or something sticking out of the folder, instead of just being differently coloured.